Meals at Home will deliver meals to:
- Those who are unable to shop or cook for themselves
- Individuals without anyone in the immediate area to assist with meal preparation on a regular basis
- Anyone who requires a medically prescribed diet too complicated for home preparation
- Those who need help on a short-term basis after hospitalization, accident, or illness or when the primary caregiver needs a respite
- A family member who is caregiving for one of our clients
Meals are made available without regard to age or income of the recipients. Meal cost is based on a sliding scale dependent on income.
Meals at Home welcomes referrals from:
- Family members or friends
- Hospital discharge planners
- Visiting nurses
- Social service agencies
- Religious and community organizations
For further information concerning eligibility, contact us at 847-332-2678.
Special guest speaker Susan Cherco will share exciting news regarding the Age Friendly Evanston initiative. Ms. Cherco is the chairperson of this exciting task force that is part of an international effort to help prepare for a global demographic trend: the rapid aging of populations.